Fundraising has always been an integral part of keeping churches like yours growing and thriving. As your church’s programs and ministries expand, so does your need for greater fundraising support.
However, as congregants turn to virtual services, you may be missing out on those crucial Sunday morning offering plate donations. Your ministry may also be running into roadblocks such as lacking a robust online donation platform or falling back on the same church fundraising ideas year after year.
By getting creative, shaking up the giving process, and implementing innovative fundraising strategies and tools, you can successfully engage congregation members and earn more for your church. best church fundraisers
In this guide, we’ll take a look at a combination of tried-and-true church fundraising ideas, along with contemporary fundraising opportunities, in the following sections:
- Our Favorite Church Fundraising Idea: Church Giving Software
- Virtual Church Fundraising Ideas
- Easy Church Fundraising Ideas
- Fundraising Ideas for Church Youth Groups
- Unique Church Fundraising Ideas
- Fundraising Ideas for Mission Trips
No matter what fundraising ideas you turn to, your church’s campaigns won’t succeed without the enthusiastic support of your congregation members. Seek ways to make your fundraising ideas more collaborative and trustworthy. Whether it’s making the giving process more secure or recruiting members to run their own fundraisers, always be thinking of ways to get your community members involved. With this in mind, let’s dive in!
Our Favorite Church Fundraising Idea: Church Giving Software
Our top recommendation for soliciting donations for your church is by using church giving software. You’re probably familiar with the concept of collection plates, which have been passed around during church services for decades.
With church giving software tools, you can set up a digital collection plate to collect gifts anytime and anywhere.
When you use a comprehensive online fundraising platform (like Donately), you gain access to the following features that facilitate virtual fundraising for your church:
- Streamlined, mobile-friendly donation pages. You can use your online fundraising system to create a user-friendly virtual donation page that offers a quick and convenient way for supporters to give to your cause.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising functionality. Empower your church members to fundraise on behalf of your church using peer-to-peer fundraising pages. Supporters can design their personal fundraising pages and share them with family and friends.
- Recurring donations. Include an option on your giving page for supporters to turn their one-time gift into a recurring donation. This can give your church access to a more reliable funding stream with weekly tithes or monthly sustained giving.
And, when you use a robust online fundraising platform to handle your virtual fundraising needs, you can gather data on your church donors. Your online fundraising tool will gather information such as who your major donors are, what your most popular donation amount is, and what your most popular days for donations are. This allows you to learn more about your audience and adjust your marketing approach to appeal to their interests.
Your online giving platform will give your church the digital foundation it needs to build the rest of your revamped fundraising strategy, making this an essential element of your fundraising efforts.
Virtual Church Fundraising Ideas
Having a strong virtual fundraising presence is no longer optional for your church — it’s now a requirement to keep up with current trends and congregants’ preferences. Churchgoers want to be able to connect with your church using their phones, tablets, and laptops.
Plus, amid the continued uncertainty of the pandemic, virtual fundraising allows congregants to stay connected with their church community safely. Let’s explore top virtual fundraising ideas to engage your congregation remotely!